Whilst sadly most of the beautiful weddings at Bridge House Barn have been postponed from this year to next year due to the Covid 19, I have decided to open as a “pop up pub”.
After a huge success on our trail opening on 18th/19th July we have decided to open every weekend during August and September (god willing!)
The grounds are looking wonderful and the tipis are up and as magical as ever and missing guests! It seemed a real shame to see the summer months slip by without sharing the lovely setting with my guests who appreciate the wonderful tipis, sipping a favourite tipple by the water.
To abide by the Covid 19 guidelines this we have come up with a few venue rules in line with the guidelines. There are 12 socially distanced tables available inside the tipi, and about the 20 outside the tipis and on the decking and around the bar area. To keep us all safe we would ask you to follow these guidelines:
Entry to Venue Rules:
- Table booking for food is essential, but entry will be allowed if there is a table available. Table booking not required for drinks only.
- Guests will be required to fill in their name and postcode in a track and trace book. Service can be refused without this information.
- Please respect social distancing and use common sense.
- Hugging, petting or shaking hands with others outside your household is not allowed.
- Along with table service, there will be a one way system through the outdoor bar for service, but, standing and drinking at the bar will not be allowed.
- Due to social distancing requirements you will be required to remain at your table as much as possible and keep children from running round.
- Please use hand sanitisers on entry and exit to the toilets, and the bar area.
- Please be kind and patient. This is all new to us too!
Table booking slots:
The hours of opening will be as follows and subject to weather and amount of bookings.
- Friday: 5pm onwards
- Saturdays: 12.30 onwards
- Sunday Lunch sittings: 12-2pm, 2.30-4.30pm, 5-7pm
- Max 6 people per table either inside or out.
- Please specify if you want to be inside the tipis or outside.
- There is ample off road, field based parking, please do not park on the road.
- Stick to the rules, to keep staff and guests safe.
We are offering food through James Ball Zest catering for Sunday Lunch every Sunday from 12pm. Booking and pre ordering food essential. Sample menu below…
We would like to offer food on further dates…. Your feedback would be greatly received as to whether you would like this as an option.
Dates for your diary:
Afternoon Tea: Saturday 22nd August from 12.30pm (booking required)
The bar will be open and offering a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. We will offer a selection of bottled beers, along with ciders, wine and prosecco, as well as popular gins and spirits.
The bar will take cash and has contactless card payment facilities.
Along with table service, there will be a one way system through the outdoor bar for service, but, standing and drinking at the bar will not be allowed.
Guests are not permitted to bring their own drinks.
Whilst we do our very best to ensure the comfort and safety of our guests, this is an outdoor waterfront venue and we recommend you wear appropriate clothing and shoes for the weather on the day. We do have new hard paths and new very luxurious toilets which are accessible from the tipis and the bar.
This is all a bit strange operating in accordance to the guidelines along with being a new venture for the venue, so we would ask for your patience and kindness towards the staff and each other.
Any groups of people clearly breaking the guidelines and rules will be asked to leave the venue.
Opening dates and Table booking slots:
FRIDAYS 5pm for drinks
SATURDAYS 12.30pm for drinks
SUNDAYS: 12-2pm 2.30-4.30pm 5-7pm
“Please check Facebook and the website for further, or additional dates… Thank you for your support and I look forward to welcoming you to Bridge House Barn.”
To book a table:
- Call or text Emma: 07789514305
- Leave a message on the answer phone: 01162796602
- Message on Facebook or,
- Email: email@example.com
- Enquire on the website: www.bridgehousebarn.co.uk
On booking we will need to know your name, contact details, postcode, date and time slot required and menu choice for the Sunday Lunch. (Sample menu below)
Booking is advised but not essential if a table is available.
Bridge House Barn, Wistow Lane, Kibworth Harcourt, Leicestershire. LE8 0RG
“We hope you enjoy the stunning tipis and the wonderful venue location and the Bridge House Barn crew look forward to welcoming you to our “pop up pub”.”